Buena Vista/Disney's live-action version of Beauty and the Beast blew the box office away this weekend, pulling in a massive $170m. This number gives the film the #1 largest March opening in recorded history, surpassing last year's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which bowed with $166m. It's also the seventh largest domestic opening of all time (ahead of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2's opening of $169.1m and just behind Iron Man 3's $174.1m opening).
1. Beauty and the Beast (Buena Vista/Disney) $170m 4,210/$40,380 avg. (debut)
2. Kong: Skull Island (Warner Bros.) $29m 3,846/$7,501 avg. (week 2)
3. Logan (Fox) $18m 3,687/$4,746 avg. (week 3)
4. Get Out (Universal) $13m 2,979/$4,448 avg. (week 4)
5. The Shack (Lionsgate) $6.1m 2,825/$2,170 avg. (week 3)
KENDRICK RETURNS WITH "HEART"
What's gonna happen on April 7th...? (3/24a)
Insiders whisper over an exec's potential new deal. (3/24a)
SONG REVENUE CHART: CASH MONEY FROM THE CELESTIAL JUKEBOX
Can you say "cha-ching?" (3/24a)
STREAMING SONGS: UNIVERSALLY DOMINANT
75% marketshare ... that's good, right? (3/24a)