Quantcast
"We'll give you whatever you want; whatever it takes we'll do the right thing."
——McClain to Anka, according to the latter
PAUL DROPS ANKA IN “THIS IS IT” WATERS, CLAIMS BURIED TREASURE
In a Quickly Made Deal, Estate Acknowledges Anka’s Co-Authorship and Gives Him Half
Paul Anka can no longer claim that he’d been “ripped off” as the uncredited and uncompensated co-writer of the song now titled “This Is It” (see previous story).

In what TMZ describes as “the quickest resolution in Hollywood history,” Special Administrators John Branca and John McClain gave Anka a 50% cut of the song mere hours after he made his claim. The veteran writer/singer, who contacted the gossip site with the news, further claimed that McClain told him, "Now we know why the song was so good... It wasn't the type of Michael Jackson song that he could write." Anka said he was humbled by the compliment.

According to Anka, Branca and McClain apologized for the "rip off" as soon as it was pointed out to them and offered "anything you want" to resolve the situation. Branca reportedly told TMZ, "We acknowledge that Michael and Paul wrote this song together." Anka says McClain now acknowledges Anka’s co-authorship of "This is It,” saying, "We'll give you whatever you want; whatever it takes we'll do the right thing." He added that McClain even asked him to do a promo for the song.

Added TMZ, “Can you say BONANZA”?

As for the initial fan reaction to the single, an AOL poll on Monday found that 85% of voters love it.

In other TMZ revelations, Randy Jackson made an interesting comment in reaction to a Monday item on the site explaining that Michael’s kids will wind up with 80% of the estate when Katherine dies, while the remaining 20% goes to charity—meaning the rest of the Jacksons get nothing. “The family is fine with it,” said M.J.’s most outspoken sibling. “Who cares about the money? We have enough money. If I cared about the money, I'd be doing a reality show and doing interviews."

Our own I.B. Bad recently noted that Randy “is emerging as the face of dissent for the family. All but forgotten is the fact that Randy once sued Michael, and that he, like several of his siblings, has a history of approaching Michael with his hand out.”

NEAR TRUTHS:
THE CAKE AND
THE CANDLES
Marketshare machers. (10/27a)
KENDRICK INKS WITH UMPG
Lamar enters the House of Jody. (10/27a)
YTD MARKETSHARE: AND THE WINNER IS...
It's a lock. (10/27a)
MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, PT. 8,761: SURGERY IN THE TIME OF COVID
Planning for an Election Day hopped up on painkillers. (10/28a)
ONCE IN A LIFETIME
Vote. Do it now. (10/28a)
RAINMAKERS 2020
Bring your umbrella.
GRAMMY OUTLIERS
Mulling possible surprises.
HALLOWEEN IN QUARANTINE
Why not wear a mask indoors?
ELECTION 2020
What drugs will help us get there?
 Email

 First Name

 Last Name

 Company

 Country
CAPTCHA code
Captcha: (type the characters above)